Enjoy the 5 Day Tanzania Safari visiting the Lake Manyara and Serengeti National Park offering the wildlife in Tanzania and you can also experience the wildebeest migration safari.
Day1: Arrive in Arusha
Arrive anytime in Arusha at Ilboru Safari Lodge, where the rest of the day is at leisure. We stay at Ilboru Safari Lodge, which is beautifully located on the slope of Mt. Meru and is a perfect place to prepare for your adventure.
We will gather in the hotel for a pre – safari briefing and an equipment check. We will also confirm you have the appropriate mandatory medical coverage and travel insurance. Dinner and overnight at Ilboru Safari Lodge: Half board.
Day2: Safari to Lake Manyara National Park
Today we drive to Lake Manyara National Park for a full day of game drives. This is one of Tanzania’s smaller parks but still offers a rewarding and diverse safari experience. The Lake shore at Manyara teems with bird life, and while you are looking for the birds, you might spot one of the elusive tree-climbing lions. There are a surprising number of other large mammals and the striking cliffs on the Rift escarpment form a dramatic backdrop. In the late afternoon we make a short journey from the park to the lodge. Dinner and overnight at Nsya Lodge: Full board.
Day3: Safari to Serengeti National Park
We head towards the Serengeti National Park. En route there is an opportunity to visit Olduvai Gorge. It is within this steep sided ravine that Louis and Mary Leakey made some of the world’s most important archaeological discoveries in the 1950s. Here in a small museum we are able to see evidence of our ancestors that have been dated back 2.5 million years. After lunch we drive into the Serengeti itself and the rest of the afternoon is spent game viewing in the vast plains that are broken only by stands of acacia trees and the occasional kopje. In December, January and February we will normally meet the migration with large herds of wildebeest, zebra, and gazelle. There are always plenty of resident animals, such as giraffe, buffalo, and elephant, and many large predators such as lion, cheetah, and leopard. We return to our special tented lodge for the night. Dinner and overnight at Serengeti Wild Tented Lodge: Full board.
Day4: Drive from Serengeti On wards to Ngorongoro crater
Today we will descend 2000 feet (over 600 meters) to the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater for your crater tour. Here you we will explore the forest areas inhabited by monkeys and elephants, the lake area, where we may see flamingos. We will also visit the open Savannah where the lions hunt. Picnic lunch will be served in the crater. In late afternoon drive back Arusha. Dinner and overnight at Ilboru Safari Lodge: Half board.
Day5 : Departure day
Free morning to relax after your great northern safari, and after lunch we will transfer you back to the airport.
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari in the above mentioned en suite tented camps and lodges
- Private safari guide (Abraham)
- Maasai Experience tour
- Extended Toyota Land Cruiser
- Private 4 x 4 safari jeep with pop up roof for game viewing
- Transfers in both directions between the International Airport
- Park fees
- Crater fees
- All meals while on safari
- Airport Arrival/Departure Meet and Greets at the airport
- On safari – Vehicles equipped with ice chest with mineral water, wildlife guidebooks
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival, USA and CANADA passport holders USD.100
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (balloon rides USD. 500 per person etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature.